Are you looking for the best quotes about Santorini? You’ve found them! In this list of over 267 unique Santorini quotes, you will for sure find some that you like to illustrate your photos!
As a travelling couple, we understand the hassle of finding the best words for a romantic travel picture. Using the right caption though is one of our great travel tips to make your memories even more thoughtful. In this travel blog post, you’ll find a range of Santorini quotes for Instagram including quotes about Greece beautyand Santorini captions that you can use on Instagram, Facebook or as Pinterest captions as well.
What is the best caption for sunset?
The best caption for sunset is “Happiness — available from a sunset near you” or “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn”. The best Santorini sunset caption is “Santorini sunsets is what we live for”.
What region of Greece is Santorini?
Santorini Island is located in the Aegean Sea, south of mainland Greece. Santorini Island is close to Ios Island.
How many days to visit Santorini?
To visit everything in Santorini, Eric and I recommend staying about a week on the island. This will give you time to check out dreamy beaches like Vlychada beach and stunning villages such as Pyrgos Santorini, which offers a 360 degree view on the island.
Can you tell me more about Santorini?
Santorini Island was formed by the explosion of several volcanoes which created layers of lava and ended up forming the island. In 1640 BC, the Minoan Eruption, one of the biggest exploding killed all life on the island. After several other eruptions, the island we now know was created. Nowadays, there are two volcanoes in Santorini called Palia Kameni and Nea Kameni. Both are still active! You can visit them on a day tour. Eric and I loved the tour and we even saw the fumes coming out of the crater. It was very impressive!
Book this tour to Santorini’s volcanoes
Santorini love quotes
As a travel couple, we had to include some Santorini Greece quotes about love whether that’d be love for Santorini or for each other. Find them in this section:
- “And now Percy has his arms around me and Santorini and the sea are spread like a feast before us and there is sky all the way to the horizon. And what a sky it is.” – Mackenzi Lee, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- “Off the Santorini cliff on a dark, starless night, I tossed a message in a bottle and love found me washed up on the black lava sand of the Aegean shore. As with my previous loves, volcanic in nature. Almost destructive before it started.”- Melody Lee, Moon Gypsy, one of the top romantic quotes for Santorini
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
- “Santorini is calling and I must go” – Anon
- “Arthur tried to hold her hand to steady her and reassure her, but she wouldn’t let him. He held on to his airline hold-all with its tin of Greek olive oil, its towel, its crumpled postcards of Santorini and its other odds and ends. He steadied and reassured that instead.”– Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- “I enjoyed Greece. Santorini, that’s somewhere I always want to be” – Kendall Jenner, model
- “Work tip: stand up, stretch, take a walk, get on a plane, go to Santorini, never return” – Anon
- “It takes a lifetime for someone to discover Greece, but it only takes an instant to fall in love with her.” – Henry Miller
- “If there’s heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it.” – Jimmy Buffett
- “We descended from the chariot and walked across the volcanic island in the Cyclades group of Greek islands. A fear did wake me like the active Santorini. I felt, anytime my mind outbreaks with the real passion of words. But I maintained my mind with silent revenge, which was active, secretly in my inward cavity.” – Nithin Purple, one of the best Santorini quotes Instagram
- “One of the purest joys that man can afford in this world is to visit the Aegean Sea in the spring, with a breath of light breeze; I have never been able to imagine paradise in any other way. This joy grows right upside down, but God does not allow it to escalate so that the beloved visible world does not disappear with it, on the contrary, the invisible world becomes visible, and what we call God and eternal life and bliss join us on the ship and accompany us on the voyage. In the bitter hour of your death, close your eyes, and you will see Santorini, Naxos, Paros, Mykonos.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
You can find more short captions for couples here.
Santorini sunset quotes
Santorini is super famous for its exceptional sunsets. We have seen some pretty amazing sunsets from Oia and Fira and can definitely confirm they are worth it. So go watch a beautiful Santorini sunset and check out these quotes on Santorini sunset to illustrate your photos.
- “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” – Atticus
- “It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” – Bern Williams
- “Santorini sunsets seem surreal” – Everyone
- “There is nothing more musical than a sunset. He who feels what he sees will find no more beautiful example of development in all that book which, alas, musicians read but too little – the book of nature.” – Claude Debussy
- “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” – Nathan Phillips
- “It’s very Greek.” – Rosie, Mamma Mia!
- “Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of heaven.” – John Lubbock
- “Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “When your life is moving too fast, and you find yourself in chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.” – Christy Ann Martine
- “Happy is the man, I thought, who, before dying, has the good fortune to sail the Aegean sea.” – Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek
- “Don’t waste sunset with people who will be gone by sunrise.” – Via Lucyqui
- “Thank you is what each and everyone of us should say when we see either a sunrise or sunset. And when we do that, maybe, just maybe the world will start to become a better place.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Sunset is the opening music of the night.”– Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The sky broke like an egg into full sunset, and the water caught fire.” – Pamela Hansford Johnson
- “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
- “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
Oia Santorini quotes
Are you looking for a quote Oia related? Check out this list of Oia quotes!
- “Santorini Island, Greece. Greeks are like the current. They push you over and then try to suck you in.” – Beryl Dov
- “I want to have an ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ experience where I drop off the face of the planet and move to Greece” – Jennifer Hyman
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Best of an island is once you get there – you can’t go any farther… you’ve come to an end of things…” – Agatha Christie
- “Greece was a muse. It inspired creativity in magical ways that I can’t even begin to understand or explain.” ― Joe Bonamassa
- “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Yves Costeau
- “I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
- “Santorini is not whole and it was not always a volcano.” – George E. Vougioukakis, one of the top quotes on Greece city Oia
Greek Island quotes
In this section, you’ll find quotes Santorini Greece related and especially quotes on the Greek Islands.
- “On a summers night, I have sat on the balcony drinking Ouzo, watching the ghosts of Greek Heroes sailing past, listening to the rustle of their sail cloths and the gentle lapping of their oars…and lain alongside Pythagoras watching him study the myriad of triangles in the constellations twinkling above us.” – Phil Simpkin
- “Greece – The feeling of being lost in time and geography with months and years hazily sparkling ahead in a prospect of inconjecturable magic. ” – Patrick Leigh Fermor
- “The light of Greece opened my eyes, penetrated my pores, expanded my whole being.” – Henry Miller
- “According to some theories, the legendary Atlantis said to have sunk beneath the sea in a great cataclysm, is in actuality the Greek Island of Santorini.” – Laura Brooks
- “Stepping into Santorini ferry port is a bit like chaos, but a beautiful one” – Us, after experiencing Santorini’s port several times. Check out our Santorini Ferry Port Survival Guide to avoid scams and have the best experience when arriving to Santorini by ferry.
- “Santorini is beautiful too. But for me her soul is my beautiful “home” I love travelling, but find peace at home.” – Amit
- “Santorini’s boutique hotels and fine dining make it one of the classier Greek islands, but this is balanced by the down-to-earth hospitality and tradition for which Greece is renowned” – Mike Gerrard, English Travel Writer, on of the best Greece quotes for Instagram on the Greek Islands
- “The isles of Greece, the isles of Greece! Where burning Sappho loved and sung, Where grew the arts of war and peace, Where Delos rose, and Phoebus sprung! Eternal summer gilds them yet, But all, except their sun is set” – Lord Byron.
- “Greece has got something like 1,400 islands. There is so much of Greece you can’t know even if you’re Greek. It’s sprinkled out all around the edge of the Aegean, all over the place. It’s already a secret place wherever you go, even if it’s somewhere huge like Athens or Corinth. The place enchanted me” – Joanna Lumley.
- “The Aegean sea washes Greece on two sides: first, the side that faces towards the east and stretches from Sunium, towards the north as far as the Thermaean Gulf and Thessaloniceia, a Macedonian city; and secondly, the side that faces towards the south, I mean the Macedonian country, extending from Thessaloniceia as far as the Strymon” – Strabo.
- “My favorite place to write is at my desk in my house in the mountains of Crete. I produce more there because one big distraction is missing: the Internet” – Neal Asher.
- “I wonder if Socrates and Plato took a house on Crete during the summer” Woody Allen.
- “The island has magical landscapes and a special energy coming from the sea, the winds, and the land that can’t be found elsewhere” – Eugenie Niarchos.
- “Going over to Lesvos in Greece and meeting some of these poor refugees who have just made the treacherous sea crossing opened my eyes in a way I can’t even begin to describe. It’s put a fire in my belly to really try to do something, the little I can do.” – Douglas Booth
- “I followed my heart and it led me to the Greek Islands” – Unknown
- “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest” – Unknown
- “Women are like those blinkin’ little Greek Islands, places to call at but not to stay” – Stacy Aumonier
- “I’m on a Greek island here, it’s a beautiful day. I’m planning on passing out on the beach, snorkeling, you know maybe some watercolors, do a little cooking, more napping, eating, napping, contemplating mysteries of the universe, or nap, either one, or eat cheese, all of those are honorable options.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Right now, I’d love to be sitting on a Greek island somewhere because of being Greek American, eating great octopus salad and some fantastic lamb. Or sipping a little ouzo. I think the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest—lots of nuts, vegetables, fruits, fresh fish, lean meats, yogurt” – Cat Cora.
- “I’d like to live in the Greek Islands” – Paul Wesley
- “No man is an island” – John Donne
Black and white pics quotes
Check out these black and white pictures quotes to use on your black and white photos of Santorini.
- “Black and white is abstract; color is not. Looking at a black and white photograph, you are already looking at a strange world.” – Joel Sternfeld
- “To see in color is a delight for the eye but to see in black and white is a delight for the soul” – Andri Cauldwell
- “Maybe black and white is the best medium for landscapes, I don’t know.” – Fay Godwin
- “Color is descriptive. Black and white is interpretive.” – Eliott Erwitt
- “What I love about Black & White photographs is that they’re more like reading the book than seeing the movie” – Jennifer Price
- “Black and white creates a strange dreamscape that color never can.” – Jack Antonoff
- “Black and white has the potential to make any photographer a better photographer.” – Rob Sheppard
- “When I shoot a photo I already know if the final image will be black and white or colour – it’s a matter of what expressive language you want for that project. Of course, some images are more suitable for black and white world, especially high-contrasted images.” – Gian Marco Marano
- “The world is in color, you have to work at black and white.” – Andrew Maclean
- “I work in color sometimes, but I guess the images I most connect to, historically speaking, are in black and white. I see more in black and white – I like the abstraction of it.” – Mary Ellen Mark
- “With black and white, what you have to say counts more than the way you say it.” – Gian Marco Marano
- “Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but black and white films still hold an affectionate place in my heart; they have an incomparable mystique and mood.”― Ginger Rogers
- “Black and white can transform a scene into something magical.” – Rob Sheppard
Santorini captions for Instagram
In addition to the quotes about Santorini in the previous sections, we thought it would be helpful to include a number of Santorini Instagram captions that you can use for your photos. We crafted these based on our experience in Santorini!
- Santorini is vibrant
- Santorini is my favourite place
- Another day in Santorini
- Another day, another Greek Island
- Another day, another caldera
- So many steps, yet all worth it, one of the funny Santorini captions Instagram
- Blue domes, blue sea, blue sky
- Santorini is the most gorgeous islands I’ve been to
- A little slice of heaven on earth
- Riding the roads of Santorini
- Oh Santorini Santorini!
- Mamma mia Santorini!
- Driving around Santorini and checking beaches
- Let’s have a weekend in Santorini!
- This beach life was made for me
- The best beaches are in Santorini
- The colors of Santorini are like nothing else I’ve ever seen
- Black sand and turquoise waters, what more could I want
- Black sand, white cliffs, Vlychada beach is chef’s kiss
- Santorini is chef’s kiss
- I can’t believe how lucky I am to have visited Santorini!
- Never want to leave Santorini
- Nothing compares to Santorini’s beauty
- Not leaving anything behind in Santorini but my heart
- Nothing compares to Santorini’s beaches
- Red beach, white beach, black beach, you can find any beach in Santorini
- Once upon a time in Santorini
- Santorini was my dream, it’s even better in reality
- Santorini is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen!
- The reality is Santorini is better in September
- Avoid the crowds, come visit in September
- I’m all about the salty air and sun-kissed hair
- Santorini is always a good idea
- Santorini in the fall is lovely
- Time in Santorini is the closest I’ve been to happiness
- Santorini = happiness
- Happiness is a choice we make. I choose Santorini.
- But first, Santorini
- Everyday is a good day if spent in Santorini
- Life isn’t black and white in Santorini. It’s blue and white
- Everyday is a good day to visit Santorini
- But first, let’s go to Santorini
- Life is short, go to Santorini!
- Schedule for the day: going to the beach and visiting cycladic villages
- Santorini is synonym for blue and white
- I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just in Santorini
- Blue and white are the colours of Santorini
- The windmills of Santorini
- Summer nights & Santorini skies
- Winding roads and stunning views
- Check out this view on Fira
- Santorini is a photographers’ dream come true!
- The best views in Santorini are found on the side of the road
- Santorini’s light is incomparable
- I’ve never met an island I didn’t like
- Enjoying the ride but don’t forget to stop sometimes to enjoy the view
- Santorini, the dearest island to my heart
- Nostalgia in every step
- Taking the ferry to Santorini can be a pain, but a worthwhile one!
- But first, let’s go to Santorini
- Nothing is as sweet as a summer night in Santorini
- Summer nights happen so fast
- Living the sweet life in Santorini
- Santorini is the closest thing to heaven
- heaven is just a synonym for Santorini
- Santorini, my little paradise
- One day, I’ll be back to Santorini
- If I can’t go to heaven, let me go to Santorini
Love in Santorini captions
Santorini is a gorgeous island for lovers, that we know! Check out these Santorini captions that we crafted for couples and lovers!
- I’m in love with the white buildings and blue roofs of Santorini!
- I left my heart in Santorini
- Santorini, definitely one of the most romantic Greek Islands
- Santorini, the beautiful
- Pretending I’m in ‘Mamma Mia’ everywhere I go
- Us in Santorini, forever
- Forever in love in Santorini
- Best elopement possible
- Santorini is waiting for you!
- Let’s get hitched in Santorini
- I’m going to myth you Greece!
- You make everyday in Santorini more magical, one of the romantic captions for Santorini
- Santorini + You = The best time of my life
- Santorini, you stole my heart!
- I will remember this forever
- Home is where the heart is, and the heart is in Santorini
- I love you as much as Santorini’s waters are blue
- I love you as much as the Santorini sky is blue
- Love watching the sunset with you
- Santorini officially has my heart.
- I love you more than Santorini
- Will you come to Santorini with me?
- Taking my love to Santorini
- Whatever you need, you’ll find it in Santorini.
- Santorini has my heart
- All I need is you and Santorini
- I wish some nights lasted forever.
- Canceling my plane ticket home and staying in Santorini forever with you
- You make the caldera even more beautiful
- You make the caldera unbelievably beautiful
- Everyone is looking at the view but I’m only looking at you
- Santorini dreamin’
Oia Santorini Instagram captions
Oia is probably the most famous village in Santorini. Check out these Greece captions about Oia that we crafted just for you!
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I came to Oia
- There’s no time to be blue in Oia
- Oia, will you keep me forever?
- It’s all going in one Oia and out of the other!
- Oia is like a big hey ya!
- Happiness is not a state of mind, but a trip to Santorini
- Me time = time in Oia
- The views from Oia are unbelievably blu-tiful
- Santorini – Bucket list item check!
- Oia is a dream!
- Fira is a more laid-back Oia
- A slice of paradise
- Oia or Fira, I’m glad that’s the only question I have to answer
- Oia or Fira, what a hard choice
- Feeling like a Dancing Queen
- Just a piece of heaven
- Think I’ve found my home
- Never coming home
- Nothing but blue skies here
- Blue skies, white washed houses, what a beautiful place
- I need some Oia Santorini time
- The view from my porch in Oia
- The views from Oia are absolutely stunning!
- I followed my heart and it led me to Oia Santorini
- Oia is my favourite place in the world
- Santorini is gorgeous but Oia just hits different
- What Athens in Santorini, stays in Santorini
Santorini puns Instagram
Santorini has many opportunities for some puns. Check out these Santorini captions funny style to use on your photos.
- I am greeking out over Santorini’s views
- Santorini? Wine not!
- Wine not head to Oia for the day?
- Sailing, eating, Santorining
- Volcano, Volcano, Volcano, oh beautiful volcano
- Can’t get over the blue-tiful views of the Santorini’s caldera
- There’s no time to feel blue in Santorini
- No feeling blue allowed here
- Stepping in Santorini
- Santorini, you’ve taken a Greece of my heart!
- Just over here Santorining
- What a blu-tiful caldera, one of the funny Greece Instagram captions
- Jump off the cliff in Amoudi Bay. Take a Greek cooking class. Hike to the volcanic centre. In Santorini, don’t think why; think wine not
- Just at the hotel, hanging on to the Caldera, check out Caldera hotels for couples here
- Are you sea-ing what I’m sea-ing?
- Are you more blue or white?
- Olive for time like these
- So many blue-tiful views in Santorini!
- Speechless in Santorini
- Olive for destinations like this
- Olive Santorini!
- Morning views in Santorini don’t make me blue
- Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
- 50 Shades of Blue. 50 Shades of White
- I sea blue colours
- I sea the beauty of Santorini
- Santorini – So blue-tiful!
- Olive for views like these
- So near, so Fira!
- Feeling the love blues in Santorini
- Mamma Mia!
- Vitamin Sea for the win
- Greece-y hair, don’t care
- I needed some Vitamin Sea
- You can’t buy happiness but you can buy a plane ticket to Santorini and that’s pretty much the same thing
- Feta spent time in Santorini than home
- Feta late than never
Quotes about blue dress and white dress quotes
- Blue dresses to fit in
- Wearing a blue dress to fit in
- Wearing white in Santorini
- Santorini dress code is blue and white
- Wearing white in Oia
- White dresses or blue dresses, anything to fit in Santorini
Santorini sunsets captions
Santorini sunsets are stunning and definitely worth a visit once in a lifetime. Check out the following Santorini sunset captions that we crafted fro your photos.
- Every day is a good day for a sunset in Santorini
- These Santorini sunsets make me feel alive
- Stunning sunsets and breathtaking views
- I can’t keep calm, I’m going to Santorini!
- Santorini sunsets are on another level
- Santorini sunsets make everything better
- This island just ouzos with charm
- Watching the sunset in Santorini with my favourite person
- Came for the sights, stayed for the sunsets
- Sunsets in Santorini makes you forget hard times
- So Fira from home, yet so close
- These are the sunsets we live for
- Sunsets on the caldera just hit differently
- Just wanna have sunsets like this every night
- Girls just wanna have sunsets
- Pink skies in Santorini
- Warm nights in Fira are stunning
- After the sunset, let’s see the stars
- Sunsets are better in Santorini
- The sky is on fire tonight!
Santorini honeymoon caption ideas
Spending your honeymoon in Santorini is a great idea. Check out these honeymoon captions to use for your Santorini dream trip!
- Honeymooning in one of the most wonderful places
- The best place for a honeymoon…Santorini
- Newlyweds in Santorini, a caption Santorini related for newlyweds
- Just two lovers in Santorini
- Infinity pool, infinity love
- Stunning view, stunning love
- The view is almost as stunning as my wife
- The caldera view is almost as stunning as my love for you
– SAVE THIS POST –
Any questions about the best quotes about Santorini ? Then drop them in the comments or on insta @twolostexplorers and I will get back to you asap.
Did you like this post? If you liked this post, then don’t hesitate to share it by using the share buttons on the side.
Want to save this post? You can pin the following images on pinterest to save this post.