Let’s pack my husband’s easy lunchbox together; this week, we are craving Chinese Food!
I like to make sure my husband’s lunchbox has a good amount of protein and vegetables, so we are going to make FOUR dishes in 40 minutes!
I pack my husband’s lunchbox every Sunday, and this week we are craving Chinese food, so we are making a Chinese takeout-inspired easy lunchbox.
This easy lunchbox will feature some of the classic Chinese takeout recipes, such as Beijing beef, egg fried rice, stir-fried green beans, and black pepper mushroom.
All these recipes takes less than 20 minutes to make individually and they pair perfectly together!
Feel free to make adjustments. If you are looking for more easy lunchbox recipes, I also have other past recipes. Make sure to check out my LUNCHBOX SERIES HERE!
I INCLUDED A GROCERY SHOPPING LIST FOR THIS WEEK’S LUNCH BOX AT THE BOTTOM, ALONG WITH LINKS TO THE RECIPES SO YOU CAN RE-CREATE IT AT HOME.
EASY LUNCHBOX MENU THIS WEEK
LUNCHBOX DISH #1 Beijing Beef
We are making a CLASSIC recipe that hits the spot every single time! Beijing Beef is one of my go-to orders whenever I order Chinese Takeout. Beijing Beef with a side of fried rice is the perfect combination that is super easy to make at home.
With a few simple tips, I promise you will get tender beef every single time!
Make this restaurant-quality Beijing Beef for the perfect weeknight dinner.
Beijing Beef Sauce
- ½ Onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1”)
- 1 tbsp of sliced ginger
*** I pan-fried the beef instead of deep frying for the easy lunchbox, but you can use either method.
LUNCHBOX DISH #2: Egg Fried Rice (Better Than Takeout!)
Egg fried rice is a simple recipe that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The perfect side dish or main entree for every meal.
What I love the most about fried rice is the ability to tailor it with anything you have in the fridge. This Better than Takeout Egg Fried Rice is super easy to make at home and extremely delicious.
Nothing is more important than using COLD COOKED RICE for your fried rice so your egg-fried rice doesn’t become mushy. Quick tip, wet your hands under the sink, and break the rice apart before frying to cut down the cooking time.
- 4-5 cups of Cold Cooked Rice
- 6 chopped Green Onion (separate whites and greens)
- 5 Whole Eggs
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 2 tsp of White Pepper
- 5 tbsp of Oil
- 2.5 tbsp of Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 2 cups of Frozen Vegetable
LUNCHBOX DISH #3: Stir-Fried Garlic Green Beans
All you need is THREE ingredients only to make Chinese Restaurant Style Stir-Fried Garlic Green Beans at home.
Easy, quick, and insanely delicious Chinese Style Stir-Fried Garlic Green Beans is one of my favorite sides that goes amazing with everything! It takes less than 15 minutes to make, and all you need is garlic, green beans or string beans, and salt.
- 1lb of Green Beans or String Beans
- 8-10 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp of Salt
LUNCHBOX DISH #4: BLACK PEPPER MUSHROOM
Last but not least for my easy lunchbox recipe, we have to include black pepper mushroom.
I make this easy 10-minute black pepper mushroom at least once a week, and it is one of my husband’s favorite ways to eat his vegetables!
- 2 cups of mushroom, cut in half
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 Thai red chili, chopped
- 2 tbsp of Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 0.25 tbsp of Black Pepper (adjust to your spice tolerance)
- 1.5 tbsp of Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Ketchup
- Blanch the mushroom in hot water for 3-4 minutes or until soft; remove and set aside.
- In a pan, add onion, garlic, and red chili, and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Pour in the sauce and let it simmer for 30 seconds, then add in the mushroom
- Turn the heat to high and saute for 1-2 minutes on high heat.